Tips on Dressing Up The Heavier Man
- Avoid wearing close fitting clothes. Skimpily cut, tight-fitting clothes will accentuate heaviness and not to mention a source of discomfort.
- Both jacket and trousers should be made of smooth fabrics, since bright colours and bold patterns tend to increase the sense of bulk. It is better for heavier men to wear dark shades and unmuted patterns. Always avoid light or checked fabrics, which creates an impression of weight.
- Jackets should be slightly longer in length.
- Vent-less jackets have a slimming effect for the hip.
- Besom pockets (pockets without flap) can help achieve a smoother side body.
- Two buttons, single-breasted or the double-breasted would suit a heavier man. Contrary to general opinion, double breasted jacket actually helps to cover a prominent paunch.
- Front pleats on the trousers also help to disguise a paunch.
- Trousers should be on the trim side and slightly tapered.