Tips on Dressing Up The Short Man
- Avoid wearing long jackets, as they tend to give the impression of short legs. Use a higher shoulder pad to lift the jacket.
- The waist of the jacket should be cut higher and slightly tapered.
- By making details like the lapels and the pocket flaps smaller, you make the person appear taller. Thus it would be advisable to avoid jackets with wide lapels.
- Two button jackets are better suited for the short man.
- Side vents on the jacket would accentuate the waistline and give an illusion of height.
- The trousers should be cut with a higher 'rise'. Trousers length should be as long as possible and without cuffs. The trouser legs should taper modestly from the thigh to the bottom to help give the illusion of a long silhouette.
- Fabrics: Should avoid large bold patterns, rough textured cloth and horizontal stripes, which tend to interfere with the vertical flow. Discreet pin stripes rather than bold chalk stripes are a better choice.